Any terms defined in the CCPA have the same meaning when used in this notice.
Personal Information Collected through This Website
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Any other personal information contained in your inquiry
Personal information collected by Google Analytics
Personal Information in Third-Party Consumer or Business Lists
We may process and resell personal information in the third-party consumer or business lists of US or Canadian residents obtained from our partner company, Data Axle Inc., (“Data Axle”, formerly Infogroup) as a part of our marketing service (these consumer and business lists are collectively the “Data Axle List”). The personal information in the Data Axle List processed and sold may include identifiers, such as Names, Addresses, Email Addresses, Phone Numbers, Genders, Employer names and Job titles, and consumer attributes, including categories of personal interests or preferences. We may combine any data we collect with other information we may have about you or use information we have to derive or infer other information. For example, we may be able to determine your approximate location using your IP address or we may draw certain conclusions about your preferences based on your activities, which we may provide to our clients to assist in their marketing campaigns.
Personal Information Inadvertently Collected through Our Field Surveys
We conduct field surveys on US highways for our products and R&D purposes. While our device on a survey vehicle is intended to capture images of signages on a highway, identifying information, such as license plates, may be inadvertently collected despite the fact that such information is not collected for the purpose of identifying the individual. The capturing of identifying information in this way is extremely rare and we process the data to obscure and de-identify any personal information collected. We never use, sell or share personal information inadvertently collected through our field surveys for any purpose.
Use of Data
We use the collected personal information that remains identifiable for the following purposes:
- To respond to your inquiries about our group business including our products and services
- To provide information concerning our products and services that we believe may be of interest to you
- To gather analytics or other similar information so that we can improve our website
- To analyze behavior and usage patterns to inform our product and content development and to assist our clients in improving marketing initiatives
- To help our clients provide more relevant marketing and communication by using the Data Axel Lists or analytics reports
- For testing, research, analysis, and product development, including to develop and improve our website, products, and services
- As described to you when collecting your personal information or as otherwise set forth in the CCPA
- For other purposes as may be disclosed to you at the point of collection or in the event it is otherwise necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party)
Retention of Data
Disclosure of Data
Disclosure for Law Enforcement
Under certain circumstances, we may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
We may disclose your personal information in the good faith belief that such action is necessary:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend our rights or property
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with this website, our products or services
- To protect the personal safety of users of this website or the public
- To protect against legal liability
We may share personal information with third parties, including our clients, as part of our direct marketing service. Service providers that have access to your personal information are obligated to use it only to perform tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose. The following third parties may obtain your information:
- Vendors that support our business, including web developers or analytics service providers to provide relevant marketing and communications to our customers
- Advertising service providers that support our business or our client’s businesses, such as Google Analytics
- Business partners who may provide specific services in connection with a product or service offering, including digital advertising management services.
We may also use, share, and sell deidentified or aggregated data, including field survey data that has been scrubbed and deidentified or other information about you and your activities that is deidentified, for any purposes whatsoever.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us and we use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information.
Links to Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
This website is not meant for anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”).
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect personal information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal information from Children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to delete that information.
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about the CCPA, visit https://www.oag.ca.gov/privacy/ccpa
Your Rights to Know
We acknowledge your right to know about personal information collected, used, shared or sold, both as to the categories and specific pieces, in accordance with the CCPA.
- Collection of Personal Information
We collect personal information directly from consumers when it is provided to us through web forms and also in limited circumstances during our highway field surveys where there is occasional inadvertent collection of license plate numbers. We do not use, share, sell or disclose to any third parties, personal information inadvertently collected through our field surveys for any purposes.
- Share or Sale of Personal Information
We may process and resell the Data Axle List or analytics reports which may include the personal information of California consumers licensed by our partner company Data Axle to our clients for a marketing purpose, including for telemarketing, email and direct mail campaigns, or an analytics purpose (“Campaign”). We do not use the Data Axle List in a manner that is incompatible with the intended purpose. We routinely delete and do not maintain the Data Axle List in our possession once the Campaign is completed.
We do not knowingly sell the personal information of minors under 16 years of age.
- Categories of Collected or Shared Personal Information
The Data Axle List may contain consumer or business data identifiers, specifically Names, Addresses, Email Addresses, Phone Numbers, Gender, Employer names and Job titles. This information is purchased from Data Axle and resold to our clients as part of a Campaign. The information may also be supplemented by creating a set of consumer attributes. Consumer attributes are categories of personal interests that are grouped together based on common interests or preferences (“Data Segments”). These Data Segments may be associated with a person, household, or when used online, a unique online identifier, such as enjoying sports, travel, or being a member of a certain profession. Marketers may use these Data Segments to tailor more relevant ads and offers to groups of users, or to learn more about their own customers and improve their own databases.
Your Rights to Delete
You may have the right under the CCPA to request deletion of your personal information that we have collected and stored, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive your request and confirm your identity, we will review your request to see if an exception allowing us to retain the information applies.
Your Right to Opt-Out of Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to direct us to not sell your personal information at any time by contacting us at one of the methods provided below (Exercising Your Rights) or clicking [here]. As we do not maintain or store your personal information following completion of a campaign, however, you may also contact our partner company Data Axle at https://www.data-axle.com/privacy-policy/
to remove your data from the database or to opt-out of sale of your personal information.
Your Right Not to be Discriminated Against
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your CCPA rights. Unless permitted by the CCPA, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your Rights
If you have questions or concerns regarding our policies, or if you would like to exercise your rights under the CCPA, please call us at 877.624.9471 (toll-free), email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or use the other contact resources listed below.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://www.zenrin.com/contact-us/
- By toll-free telephone number: 877.624.9471
- By mail: 1350 Bayshore Highway, Suite 345, Burlingame, CA 94010
For personal information contained in the Data Axle List and processed related to direct marketing, please contact our partner company Data Axle at https://www.data-axle.com/privacy-policy/ to remove your data from their database or to opt-out of the sale of your personal information since we do not collect personal information from consumers directly or maintain this information in our database. To opt-out of our sale of your information, please click [here].
“Google” and “Google Analytics” are trademarks or registered trademarks of Google LLC.